Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 or it could mean a special ration of rat-meat to go with the tree bark soup at lunch on Thursday.
Posted by NoMoreBS 2012-04-23 14:57||
#2 Does this haircut make me look thinner?
Posted by Gabby Cussworth 2012-04-23 15:24||
#3 Either he's eating well or the tunic collar is constricting his neck...
Posted by Steve White 2012-04-23 15:53||
#4 "reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style."
Isn't that in essence the description of a nuclear attack on Seoul?
If the Norks do contemplate a nuclear attack, what kind of retaliation should they realistically expect?
Posted by Thravins Untervehr7967 2012-04-23 18:02||
#5 He also has a black hat that can be thrown, that KILLS!
Posted by Besoeker 2012-04-23 18:45||
#6 If the Norks do contemplate a nuclear attack, what kind of retaliation should they realistically expect?
Obama will 'bow' to them?
Seriously I think it's not outside the range of possibility that they actually believe that there would be no retaliation from the U.S.
And after being fed the 'Sea of Fire' crap for decades - they may actually believe it (or Pugsley might).
Posted by CrazyFool 2012-04-23 18:54||
#7 Iff this isn't a "provocation" by NOKOR agz SOKOR, what is???
An repor 20,000 North Koreans, + possibly more, starved to death in a major NOKOR rice/food province just since the passing/death of Kim Jong-il.
Its quite possible that NOKOR = JONG-UN may no longer be able to stave off the spread of Regime-threatening, nationwide famine even with any new increases in US, International food aid. Coupled wid the Perts-antipated rise in already overwhelming Chinese influence + control over NOKOR vee the new Sino-NK/DPRK FTAS, NOKOR = PYONGYANG MAY BE AFRAID THAT A CHINESE TAKEOVER OF NOKOR IS NOW INEVITABLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY,HENCE MAY BE COVERTLY HINTING TO SOKOR THAT IFF THE LATTER DOESN'T START A MAJOR WAR TO STOP CHINA FROM DE FACTO TAKING OVER NORTH KOREA, IT WILL.
IMO, NOKOR IS TRYING HARD NOT TO SAY THAT SSSSSSHHHHHH IFF IT FINALLY GOES DOWN VEE CHINA, ITS GONNA MAKES D **** SURE SOUTH KOREA GOES DOWN AS WELL.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-04-23 20:57||
#8 ION that can have major implications for the Two Koreas + NE ASIA ...
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > FREEREPUBLIC > ARMED STANDOFF [March 2012]BETWEENWEN JIABIAO + ZHOU YONGKANG'S TROOPS OVER BO XILAI SUBORDINATE.
Looks like India = Indjuh wasn't the only Big Power in mainland Asia at risk of internal CIVIL WAR = MILITARY-LED REBELLION? EARLIER THIS YEAR???
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > PHILIPPINES TO SEND [resend = redeploy] TWO WARSHIPS + ANTI-SUBMARINE AIRCRAFT TO DISPUTED SHOAL [Scarborough = PHIL Panatag = Chinese Huangyan Island].
Its "Back On"???
China had refused to withdraw its armed Maritime Vessels until Any Each + All of the PHIL vessels at Scarborough Shoal, Armed CG andor other Civie, withdrew first.
Boy, first the Persian Gulf, now the "WEST PHIL SEA" - another bilateral Bikini Beach Barbecue/Bash bites the dust.
IMO CHINA'S POST-WW2/COLD WAR MIL HISTOIRE' = IT WILL OPEN FIRE + SINK THE PINOYS IFF THE LATTER AREN'T CAREFUL, + DESPITE ANY US BACKING OF THE PHIL.
* SAME > US MARINE GENERAL CONFIRMS SPRATLYS DEFENSE TREATY, US WILL [militarily] INTERVENE.
ARTIC > USMC GEN. Duane D. Thiessen = Spratlys are covered in the US-PHIL Security Treaty.
OTOH BLOGGERS = opine that Gen. Thiessen is wrong, arguing per the US-PHIL Security Treaty that the US will intervene only iff the PHIL is nilitarily attacked first, + will protect only those areas under direct or actual sovereign control of the PHIL = Manila, NOT THOSE TERRITORIAL AREAS CLAIMED OR DISPUTED BETWEEN THE PHIL + OTHER SOVEREIGN NATIONS.
* SAME > US-JAPAN ALLIANCE, NOT CHINA, IS BIG WINNER FROM SENKAKUS ISLANDS DISPUTE: EAST ASIA FORUMS.
KEEP LOTS OF POPCORN HANDY + KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-04-23 21:30||
#9 DEFENCE FORUM INDIA > US WADES INTO CHINA-PHILIPPINES STANDOFF.
* SAME > PHILIPPINES WARNS NEIGHBORS ABOUT CHINA, i.e. China's growing "aggressiveness/
aggressionism" + how its claims to most of the SCS puts Regional, International freedom of navigation at risk.
* TOPIX > CHINA DENOUNCES PHILIPPINES' CALL FOR OTHER COUNTRIES TO SHOW STANCE ON SOUTH CHINA SEA.
* DEFENCE FORUM INDIA > CHINESE GUNBOAT PATROLLING PANATAQ. The mighty wily fleety Chin FLEC #310.
SINK THE #310, SINK THE #310!
* SAME > CHINA CAN [now] DESTROY MAJOR US PACIFIC BASES.
* SAME > [US-Japan = Okinawa]AGREEMENT ON GUAM TRANSFER REFLECTS US URGENCY TO RESPOND [regionally] TO CHINA.
* WORLD NEWS > FIVE OKINAWA MILITARY FACILITIES TO BE TURNED OVER BY US TO JAPAN, as USMC forces on Oki are downsized.
4000 US Marines, no longer 4,700, are repor coming to Guam although I'm not convinced the 4000 number is itself absolute, iff the USDOD is doing what I think they're doing.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-04-24 00:11||