Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 As a proud ally of the U.S., it is time for Nippon to raise the Yamato and Musashi from their Pacific graves, hoist the Rising Sun from their pagodas, escorted by U.S. carrier groups and give the Chinese pause for thought.
Posted by borgboy 2012-10-15 00:24||
#2 Maritime Self-Defense Force, not Navy. Journalists...
Posted by gromky 2012-10-15 00:48||
#3 ION NIPPON, CHINESE MILITARY FORUM [related] > JAPAN SECURITY ENVIRONMENT TOUGHER THAN EVER:PM NODA.
* SAME > [Kyodo News] JOINT DRILL WID US WILL RETAKE "REMOTE" OKINAWA ISLAND | [Times of India] JAPAN, US TROOPS MULL DRILL TO TAKE ISLAND.
* RELATED DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > JAPAN, US TROOPS PLAN ATTACK ON CHINESE [claimed] ISLAND.
* TOPIX, WORLD NEWS > FORGET THOSE LITTLE ISLANDS: REAL CHINESE NATIONALISTS CLAIM OKINAWA.
* SAME > PREPARE FOR PROLONGED PRESSURE FROM CHINA ON SENKAKUS, agz Japan.
* TOPIX > SUBIC AIRPORT WILL BE SAVED, by PHIL Subic Bay Management Authority [SBMA]for joint USDOD-PHIL military utility along wid likely the former Clark AFB + other Cold War-era ex-USDOD installations.
* CHINESE DAILY FORUM > JAPAN FIGHTING WID ALL OF ITS NEIGHBORS, i.e. quarreling wid Russia [South Kuriles], China, + ROK [Dokkdo].
* SAME > OIL AND OKINAWA TROUGH: OIL EXTRACTED FROM WEST SIDE OF OKINAWA SIDE BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA.
RELATED SAME > DIAOYUS ISLANDS ON CHINESE SIDE OF OKINAWA TROUGH.
* SAME > POSTER THREAD: JAPAN'S TIME HAS FINALLY COME.
ARTIC = by its attempt to formally nationalize the Chinese-claimed Diaoyus, JAPAN IS FORMALLY RENEGING ON THE WW2 CAIRO, TEHRAN, + ESPEC THE POTSDAM DECLARATIONS; CHINA CAN LEGITIMATELY DECLARE WAR OR INITIATE UNILATERAL MAJOR MILITARY ACTION AGZ JAPAN.
POSTER-BLOGGER = opined that China is DELIBERATELY/INTENTIONALLY giving Tokyo + US, espec Tokyo = Japan, enough reasonable time to reconsider their decisions or actions agz China, [IIUC] BEFORE CHINA MIL ATTACKS JAPAN???
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-10-15 01:40||
#4 OOOPPSIES, forgot to say that Manila = PHIL is anticipating its newfound Military Cooperat wid the US to result not only in increase state revenues + modernization of the Philippine Armed Forces, BUT ALSO CHANGES TO VARIOUS PHILIPPINE STRATEGIC DOCTRINES.
IOW, NOT GOOD FOR CHINA.
* TOPIX, DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > NORTH KOREA: IMPROVED ROK MISSLES MEANT FOR CHINA CONTAINMENT, vee the wily dastardly imperialist USA.
Something has to give in East + NE Asia - either ambitious Rising China gives up or seriously delays its "post-US" "Manifest Destiny", or else it wages major war - potentially includ LIMITED? NUCLEAR WAR? - to break through the "First Island Chain"???
Iff China does choose the war option, it will likely use its Nukes to defeat or destroy the JSDF - NOT JUST AS PER THE SENKAKUS/DIAOYUS AREA, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY FOR CHINA TO ACHIEVE DE FACTO CONTROL OF ANY + ALL SIDES OF THE OKINAWA/JAPAN-TAIWAN-PHIL STRATEGIC CORRIDOR INTO WESTPAC [Dragon's Triangle].
Iff China hopes to avoid a major nuke confrontation wid the USA, it may try to quickly overwhelm TAIWAN widout having the PLA overrun the ROK [read, USFK], vee MINIMAL WAR DAMAGE AMAP TO US FORCES IN NE ASIA???
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-10-15 02:05||
#5 The Japanese have AIP(Air Independent Propulsion) submarines in the line up. They are very, very, quite and can stay down for quite a long time. Estimated a week or two and can tube launch cruise missiles.
Posted by Vortigern Hupoluse1541 2012-10-15 04:38||
Posted by Ebbang Uluque6305 2012-10-15 11:49||
#7 Like a good magician, China direct everyone's attention to a worthless target while they quietly take over Siberia...
Posted by Slese Phaique2198 2012-10-15 18:23||
Posted by Slese Phaique2198 2012-10-15 18:24||
#9 The Japanese have AIP(Air Independent Propulsion) submarines in the line up. They are very, very, quite and can stay down for quite a long time. Estimated a week or two and can tube launch cruise missiles.
Cool! Ninja Subs!
Posted by CrazyFool 2012-10-15 20:59||
#10 BHARAT RAKSHAK > CHINA'S POSTURING KEEPS THE WORLD GUESSING - "THE HINDU" BUSINESS LINE.
Again, China's history is that it will keep sending out Diplomatic, Media peace feelers, or in altern seemingly do nothing - come one day, it will suddenly open fire on the JSDF either at sea or on the disputed islands, etc. It will blame Japan wholly for ignoring or bashing China's interests + peace-minded initiatives.
ARTIC = ...
- 30% of US foreign affairs experts believe China's rise is no threat to the US.
- As MAHANISM declines in the US, China seemingly increasingly adopts it.
- CHINA'S PEOPLE BELIEVE ITS TIME HAS COME.
- China's behavior fits neatly vee the writings or precepts of historian Paul Kennedy.
* WAFF > JAPAN'S COLD WAR NAVY.
ARTIC = Japan's "defensive" orientation as an "Escort Navy" vee the balanced "offensive andor "defensive" USN may be its ultimate mil or combat disadvantage vee the simil "balanced" Chinese PLAN and by extension the PLA in general. Japan's MSDF has only five logistics support vessels it can use for sustained operations agz the PLAN near the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands, and while China has only one new ex-Soviet CV its Surface Warfare, Submarine, + Supply fleets are more diversified than Japan's.
ARTIC NUTSHELL = JAPAN CAN'T WIN AGZ THE PLAN WIDOUT US SUPPORT OR INTERVENTION???
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-10-16 00:05||