[Daily Mail, where America gets its news]
| Police for me, but not for thee. How Black Lives Matter is training to keep Black neighbourhoods “safe“ in the mold of the Black Panther Party and Nation of Islam after community police forces are shut down, as described in this article from yesterday|
- Hawk Newsome, Chairman of BLM's Greater New York chapter, says the black rights group is 'mobilizing' its base, he told DailyMailTV in exclusive interview
- The activist said BLM aims to develop a highly-trained 'military' arm to challenge police brutality head on in the wake of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis
- 'It's our obligation, it's our duty to provide people with a way forward. We want the immediate end of government sanctioned murder by the police'
- 'We prepare to stop these murders by any means necessary. We are preparing and training our people to defend our communities,' Newsome added
- Newsome, 43, an imposing 6ft 6in, who wore shades and smoked a thick cigar for our photo shoot, believes his group can lead the 'war on police'
- BLM will have 'Peace Officers' patrol black communities to challenge law enforcement and stop police brutality, reminiscent of the Black Panther Party
- Newsome held a think tank in Los Angeles attended by members of the BLM Greater New York leadership and 'military advisors'
- The meeting was held at the offices of NCredible Entertainment, owned by actor and musician Nick Cannon
- 'We have black Special Forces officers advising us, and we will teach and train people in our communities, the Black Ops department of Black Opportunities,' he said.