2017-11-02 Britain||Brother of Manchester Arena suicide bomber is wanted on suspicion of 22 counts of murder over the attack
A Libyan armed group will not extradite the brother of the Manchester suicide bomber who killed 22 people in an attack on a pop concert in Manchester in May to Britain, its spokesman said on Thursday.
- [Daily Mail, Where America Gets Its News] British police were granted a warrant for the arrest of Hashem Abedi Wednesday
- Officials have given Libyan authorities an extradition request for Hashem Abedi
- Hashem Abedi, brother of the bomber Salman Abedi, is in custody in Lybia
- Salman Abedi killed 22 after an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester on May 22
- Both brothers travelled to Libya in April, before Salman carried out the attack
On Wednesday British police said they had issued an arrest warrant for Hashem Abedi and prosecutors asked Libya to extradite him.
"We will not extradite Hashem Abedi to UK authorities," said Ahmad Ben Salim, spokesman of the Deterrence Force, a counter-terrorism group allied to the U.N.-backed government in Tripoli, which is holding him.
He said there was no legal agreement between Britain and his group for this case to allow an extradition.
|Posted by Fred 2017-11-02 00:00||
Front Page|| [317 views ]
File under: Islamic State
Posted by Bright Pebbles 2017-11-02 09:21||
20:05 Thaith Elmeresing6163
19:59 Thaith Elmeresing6163
19:58 Alistaire Tingle9882
19:55 Alistaire Tingle9882
19:48 M. Murcek
19:35 M. Murcek
19:29 Frank G
19:11 John Frum
19:07 John Frum
19:06 John Frum
18:36 Frank G
18:31 trailing wife
18:28 Frank G
18:27 trailing wife
|Rantburg was assembled from recycled algorithms in the United States of America. No
trees were destroyed in the production of this weblog. We did hurt some, though. Sorry.