[MAIL] President Donald Trump revoked Secret Service protection for former Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday as she prepares for a nationwide book tour.
Harris received six months of protection from the Secret Service after leaving office as required by federal law.
However, shortly before leaving office then-President Joe Biden quietly extended her protection by an additional year in an undisclosed directive not revealed until now, according to a CNN report.
Trump canceled the protection in a Thursday letter entitled ‘Memorandum for the Secretary of Homeland Security.’
'You are hereby authorized to discontinue any security-related procedures previously authorized by Executive Memorandum, beyond those required by law, for the following individual, effective September 1, 2025: Former Vice President Kamala D. Harris,' Trump's letter reads.
Under the the 2008 Former Vice President Protection Act, past vice presidents are entitled to six-month taxpayer-funded Secret Service Protection.
Typically when the six-month protection expires, former vice presidents pay for their own private security. Other than Harris, the only other former vice president to receive protection beyond the six-months was Dick Cheney after requesting approval from then-President Barack Obama in 2009.
Trump's sudden removal of his 2024 rival’s protection will have immediate ramifications as Harris prepares to launch a nationwide book tour next month for her upcoming memoir ‘107 days.’
#1
Nobody's gonna buy the book anyway. No doubt she's already made all the money she's gonna make on it from the publisher's advance. And who paid the publisher to even bother with it? Hmmmm?
Posted by: Abu Uluque ||
08/29/2025 11:59 Comments ||
Top||
[PM] Somebody got wise
The Trump administration has said that the country will not be granting an additional 600,000 visas to Chinese students to come to the United States, but that the figure is just a reflection of continued policy. Trump had spoken about 600,000 student visas for Chinese students during a meeting on Monday with South Korean President Lee Jae Myung.
"President Trump isn't proposing an increase in student visas for Chinese students. The 600k references two years worth of visas. It's simply a continuation of existing policy," a White House spokesperson said.
[Independent] Barack Obama has slammed Donald Trump after he threatened to clamp down on crime in Chicago, as part of a major national crackdown.
On Thursday, internal documents obtained by the New York Times revealed the Trump administration was plotting a mass immigration operation in Chicago — involving 200 homeland security officials and the use of a naval base outside of the city as a staging area.
In response, the former president said "all Americans [are] at risk" in response to an op-ed on Trump’s paramilitary efforts by renowned Times’ columnist Ezra Klein. In Klein’s piece, he interviews journalist Radley Balko, who has been documenting the militarization and law enforcement efforts under Trump, in his Substack, The Watch.
"This interview [...] provides a useful overview of some of the dangerous trends we’ve been seeing in recent months regarding federalization and militarization of state and local police functions," said Obama in a tweet on X Thursday.
#1
Spying on and trying to incriminate a political opponent basically is a warning to all Americans that one party is solely interested in maintaining power at any costs.
#6
All Americans are at risk... of having to listen to Barry's BS.
Posted by: ed in texas ||
08/29/2025 15:06 Comments ||
Top||
#7
Along with "gun violence", "vulnerable community", and "gender-affirming care", one of the tip-offs that tell you someone is playing for Team Grifter is "at risk".
#8
OBAMA already have serious legal issues facing him.
So is he just trying to drum up support by redirecting attention from his own failed Coup and collection of treasonous crimes?
Serious when the street slang for lair is now
"Don't CNN me."
How does he think he can make Trump look like the dictator / Coup leader that he was himself? Without, the MSM that has been exposed and is paying dearly for in viewer numbers.
[DailyWire] Minnesota Catholic School Leader Warned Tim Walz Of ’Critical’ School Safety Threats. He Did Nothing.
"The latest school shooting at a nonpublic Christian school in Tennessee sadly confirms what we already know — our schools are under attack."
Two years before a shooter opened fire on students attending daily mass in Minneapolis, the leaders of independent and Catholic schools in Minnesota begged Democrat Governor Tim Walz for help securing their schools, according to a 2023 letter reviewed by The Daily Wire. The funding was never authorized.
In a letter dated April 14, 2023 that specifically addressed "school safety in nonpublic schools," Tim Benz, the president of MINNDEPENDENT and Jason Adkins, the executive director of the Minnesota Catholic Conference, stressed an "urgent and critical need in Minnesota to make sure our schools are secure and safe" in light of "recent, and continuing attacks, on our schools in this country and in our state."
The letter says there are about 72,000 students in Independent, Catholic, Jewish, Christian and Muslim nonpublic schools within the state of Minnesota. It came just weeks after the shooting at a Christian school in Tennessee, which was also carried out by a transgender-identifying individual in their twenties.
"The latest school shooting at a nonpublic Christian school in Tennessee sadly confirms what we already know — our schools are under attack," Benz and Adkins wrote. "In Minnesota, nonpublic schools, particularly our Jewish and Muslim schools, have experienced increased levels of threats, all of which we must take very seriously."
"The tragedy from last week at Covenant School must never happen in Minnesota or in our country again," they wrote. "We need to ensure that all [our] schools have the resources to respond to and prevent these attacks from happening to our schools."
The leaders specifically called on Waltz for assistance in making sure not only that the Minnesota Legislature enacts his budget recommendation of $50 million to establish the "Building and Cyber Security Grand Program, but also that this program include all schools as eligible for funding, regardless of whether these schools are public, charters, or nonpublic.
Adkins told The Daily Wire on Wednesday after the shooting in Minneapolis that no additional security was ever funded, even though the money existed.
Walz in 2023 was instead working to protect transvestites. In April 2023, the same month the letter was sent, Walz signed legislation establishing Minnesota as a "trans refuge," promising to "protect those seeking gender-affirming care," according to OutFront Minnesota (and in the backdoor)...
Pure F ing evil. And the worthless MNGOP and RINO Tom Emmer refuses to do anything about him. And of course, never confront the Twin City Pravda fraud news.
Posted by: Woodrow ||
08/29/2025 00:00 ||
Comments ||
Link ||
E-Mail||
[128 views]
Top|| File under: Tin Hat Dictators, Presidents for Life, & Kleptocrats
#1
Walz must have assumed that the legislation would also address grooming teachers.
Posted by: Super Hose ||
08/29/2025 6:44 Comments ||
Top||
#2
Decisions have consequences. Its not on tampon Tim. He is a product of what the voters wanted. They are getting what they wanted. Now Minnesota gets to live with their decisions.
Posted by: 49 Pan ||
08/29/2025 10:44 Comments ||
Top||
#3
Tampon Tim wants all the children to be groomed and brainwashed in the public schools. Communists like him would no doubt outlaw the Catholic Church altogether just like Mao Tse Tung did.
Posted by: Abu Uluque ||
08/29/2025 12:10 Comments ||
Top||
Posted by: Fred ||
08/29/2025 00:00 ||
Comments ||
Link ||
E-Mail||
[321 views]
Top|| File under:
#1
Boy this is going to be a clown show! This is getting to be a fun year. You go 47!
Posted by: Oregon Dave ||
08/29/2025 2:10 Comments ||
Top||
#2
When (if?) this gets reported in the DNC/BHO/Hamas media, they will not mention that she was legally fired for cause , mortgage fraud, until paragraph 55 or 60, if at all.
Maybe photos of and interviews with her weeping friends and relatives ... pillar of her community etc.
So predictable.
Posted by: Grateful Fred ||
08/29/2025 4:46 Comments ||
Top||
#3
DEI hire. Surely, there were more sophisticated financial criminals available for this position.
Posted by: Super Hose ||
08/29/2025 6:13 Comments ||
Top||
#4
An the spin cycle goes into overdrive.
The MSM makes millions spinning it and the L-S-D's will call for Trump's Impeachment. All while falsely using Racism to cover her illegal and political abuse use of the Federal Reserve?
Posted by: Frank G ||
08/29/2025 7:29 Comments ||
Top||
#6
There are three branches of the Federal government - Legislative, Executive, and Judicial. An agency has to be one of those, there is no Constitutional agency that is independent of one of those.
#7
ZERO - A 3rd Property!? Pulte Drops New Criminal Referral On Lisa Cook As Mortgage Scandal Widens
On Thursday night, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Director Bill Pulte dropped a second criminal referral against Federal Reserve Governor Lisa Cook based on evidence that she entered into a 15-year mortgage on a third property which she listed as her "Second Home."
#10
President Trump orders US Marshals to remove Defiant Fed Governor Lisa Cook
Thereby answering the question "How many divisions does the Fed have?".
A 3rd Property
A rather amusing strategy to try and pass this off as a "clerical" error. One would hope that the head of the Fed could fill out a form correctly even if she is a strong, empowered Black Woman(tm). Or at least blame it on AI.
[Breitbart] Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy celebrated Amtrak’s launch of next-generation high-speed Acela train sets by taking the inaugural ride from Washington, DC, to New York City.
Breitbart News was among the news outlets to join the secretary for the historic trip on the new train set, which can run at speeds of up to 160 miles per hour, while handling curves at up to 150 miles per hour. Speaking at a press conference at Union Station ahead of the departure, Duffy said, "It is a great day for an Acela-bration."
"I don’t know who ordered it up, but the sun is shining, the sky is blue, the band is here — it’s a wonderful day for this launch," he added.
In addition to the launch of the new train sets, the Department of Transportation (DOT) announced on Wednesday that the federal government will reclaim control of Union Station.
"I think the president has been pretty clear on what he wants for Union Station, for American travel, for train travel," Duffy said at the departure press conference. "He wants Union Station to be beautiful again, he wants transit to be safe again, and he wants our nation’s capital to be great again, and today’s part of that."
Deputy Secretary Steven Bradbury emphasized the DOT’s goals to return the station to "a stable financial footing" and "to address the rehabilitation needs of the station, and really do what Congress demanded we do, and take care of this beautiful historic building."
After that, Bradbury said the administration also seeks to "set the foundation to open the doors to a beautiful expansion of the station in the future, probably through a P3 — a public-private partnership — with a beautiful new passenger concourse."
After the press conference, reporters rushed onto the "Next-Gen" Acela for its maiden voyage to the Big Apple. Duffy joined the press as the train approached Philadelphia for about 30 minutes and took questions alongside Bradbury. Breitbart News asked Duffy how the next-gen Acela will benefit working-class Americans in particular.
Duffy emphasized that the fleet of Acela trains will eventually reach 28, up from the 15 currently in operation. The new sets notably allow for 27 percent greater seating capacity.
"So there’s 15 Acela trains now. We’re going to have 5 that are going to come online starting tomorrow, but we’re going to have 28 in total," Duffy said. "So we’re going to have more sets with more frequent trips on the northeast corridor."
"Expanding capacity, I think, is going to, again, allow for two things. One, I think with dynamic pricing, we’re going to be able to bring some of the prices down, make it more cost-effective for the traveling public... Because there’s more capacity, we think we can bring in more revenue for Amtrak," he added. "So those two things — and again, it’s going to take us some time to figure out that dynamic pricing, but we think that’s going to be a great takeaway, by the way, a better riding experience for people."
After the roughly 25-minute gaggle, reporters returned to their seats, and the train was soon in New York City right around 1:00 p.m. as scheduled.
The train pulled into Penn Station, where Duffy had notably pulled a development project from New York City’s Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) over his lack of faith in the MTA’s ability to deliver. Duffy held a press conference alongside Bradbury and train expert Andy Byford, whom Duffy called "the train daddy," in the entryway to the station, announcing a $43 million grant to improve it.
"Oftentimes, presidents wouldn’t engage in a project like this. You all are blessed to have a president who cares about the project and cares about the deliverable for New Yorkers," Duffy said.
"We are proud to be announcing a $43 million grant to begin the process in regard to the solicitation for a master developer... We are going to move at the speed of Trump," he added. "This is not going to be a 20-30 year project. This is not about a backroom, thinking about how we can spend money and develop plans, but never deliver. This is actually about: ’How do we move this more quickly and more beautifully through the process so it’s not your grandkids that are going to enjoy the work we are doing now, you all are going to get to enjoy this great project?'"
Byford will lead the project for Amtrak.
"I’m so happy to be back in New York. This is where I want to be, and this is the project that I want to do," Byford said.
"From today, firms interested in working on this project can officially start the process of becoming our master developer partner," Byford went on to say. "Ladies and gentlemen, the steps to completely transform Penn Station start today, that process starts today — complete top-to-bottom modernization and transformation of Penn Station."
Pete Buttigieg and Gavin Newsom, please take notice.
Posted by: Abu Uluque ||
08/29/2025 00:00 ||
Comments ||
Link ||
E-Mail||
[127 views]
Top|| File under:
#1
This surprises me in that part of the initiative would have had to occur under Buttigieg. I thought the only trains he was concerned with require a lot of lubrication.
Posted by: Super Hose ||
08/29/2025 6:47 Comments ||
Top||
#2
A lot of the time it takes to go from DC to NYCity is loading, unloading at stops and acceleration and slowing after and before stops. Also, because of sharing track with local systems, a lot of the route has limited speed.
The existing Acela trains average about 80 mph between DC and NYC for the non stop service. With the new trains, this will likely increase to about 90 or maybe 95 mph. So the non stop service will be about 15-20 minutes faster.
Yes it is an achievement and yes the ride will be comfortable and the scenery viewing nice, but its not a super duper event.
Also the non stop DC to NYC trains carry only about 25% of the total Amtrak NYC to DC service while the trains that make stops along the way carry the other 75%.
Posted by: Lord Garth ||
08/29/2025 9:12 Comments ||
Top||
#3
AIUI the goal is to speed up downtown to downtown travel (and comfort) to divert traffic from the overloaded 'local' airports - LGA & DCA.
But in California, if you want to go from LA to San Francisco on a train, you can only go as far as San Luis Obispo. Then you have to get off the train and onto a bus.
Meanwhile it's been 17 years and untold billions of dollars since Californians approved a bond measure for high speed rail and not a single track has been laid.
And, if you're looking for an adventure, try driving on Interstate 5 between Los Angeles and Sacramento some time. Just be advised you might need a new suspension on your car afterwards and watch out for the jackasses who think that if you're only going 80 mph on the two-lane, potholed road you should get out of their way. Problem is you can't go any faster because of all the traffic ahead of you. But the jackasses will ride your butt anyway. You get a whole long line of cars going down the road like they're one of Pete's trains.
Posted by: Abu Uluque ||
08/29/2025 12:40 Comments ||
Top||
A multi-volume chronology and reference guide set detailing three years of the Mexican Drug War between 2010 and 2012.
Rantburg.com and borderlandbeat.com correspondent and author Chris Covert presents his first non-fiction work detailing
the drug and gang related violence in Mexico.
Chris gives us Mexican press dispatches of drug and gang war violence
over three years, presented in a multi volume set intended to chronicle the death, violence and mayhem which has
dominated Mexico for six years.
Rantburg was assembled from recycled algorithms in the United States of America. No
trees were destroyed in the production of this weblog. We did hurt some, though. Sorry.