Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 ION CHINA DAILY FORUM > CHINA ASKS JAPAN TO STOP CAUSING DISTURBANCES OVER DAOYUS ISLANDS, + instead focii on preserving harmonious bilateral relations.
* SAME > CHINA PLEDGES TO PROTECT ITS WATERS | ... MARITIME SOVEREIGNTY.
* CHINESE MILITARY FORUM > CHINA STARTS "COMBAT READY" PATROLS IN SOUTH CHINA SEA.
* SAME > CHINA SEEKS DOMINANCE OF THE SOUTH CHINA SEA WITH NEW "SANSHA" ["Sanshi"] CITY.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > CHINA TO SET UP MILITARY BASE IN SOUTH CHINA SEA, vee its new "Sansha" City.
* RELATED SAME > [China Defence ...] MINISTRY: CHINA WILL REACT TO PROVOCATIONS.
* IIRC SAME > PHILIPPINES TO SEARCH FOR OIL ALONG CHINESE COASTS.
ARTICS above specifically mentioned or inferred Vietnam most of the time, but methinks its safe to say China's warning also applies to the Philippines, etal.
Wid its new "Sansha/Sanshi" City, China is indirectly warning its ASEAN neighbors that it will defend its SCS claims wid Military Force iff necessary.
From now on???
Again, China desired to establish PLA Milbases + other throughout the "First Island Chain", + ITS NOT GETTING IT. IMO, in China's view, continued US arms sales to TAIWAN only serves to delay its formal integartion + ultimately re-unification wid the Mainland. CHINA IS THUS FRUSTRATED WID THE "STATUS QUO" IN EAST ASIA-WESPAC, + NOW DESIRES TO BEGIN ASSERTING ITS RIGHTS VIA THE PLA.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-06-30 00:29||
#2 More ...
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > [WaPo] A NEW US MILITARY STARTEGY, OLD BASES IN SOUTH CHINA SEA, i.e. SE Asia = Vietnam-War era.
* SAME > OPINION: US SELF-INTEREST TAKES PRIORITY OVER VIETNAM AND FILIPINO INTERESTS, in SCS.
ARTIC infers ditto as per all other ASEAN Nations.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-06-30 01:04||
#3 Gather ye roses while ye may,
Yer end will come one day.
Posted by Redneck Jim 2012-06-30 06:30||
#4 How's that smart diplomacy working out for China these days? Had you kept your dog on a very short leash, none of this would be transpiring.
Posted by Procopius2k 2012-06-30 08:14||