Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 ION, as per FREEREPUBLIC the US has given Iran until March 2013 to comply + be suborned under the UN IAEA, to which IIUC Iran has responded by demanding that Israel's NucWeap arsenal be formally acknowledged by Tel Aviv, + that both it + any Israeli Civie NucEnergy progs also come under UN IAEA supervision.
ARTIC > YANG BOJIANG, Professor of Japanese Studies at University of International Relations = BELIEVES THAT JAPANESE NATIONALISM WILL NOT ACCEPT OR TOLERATE BEING IN SECOND-PLACE BEHIND CHINA, NOR IS IT WILLING TO GIVE UP GOAL OF JAPAN BEING A MAJOR POLITICAL POWER IN THE WORLD.
* SAME > NEW CHINESE LAW ALLOWS FOR SEARCH, EXPULSION OF FOREIGN SHIPS, in + around HAINAN + SOUTH CHINA SEA ISLANDS.
* SAME > CHINA TO PERMANENTLY STATION VESSELS [warships, gunboats] IN DISPUTED SHOAL.
Scarborough Shoal, aka PHIL "Panatag" in SPratleys.
* SAME > CHINA BEING "DICTATORIAL" IN SCARBOROUGH SHOAL, SAYS ALBERT DEL ROSARIO.
* SAME > PHILIPPINES TELLS CHINA: "ALL YOUR SHIPS MUST GO"!
* CHINA DAILY FORUM > [PRC Foreign Ministry]CHINA: SOVEREIGNTY PROTECTION "PROPER" AND
* WORLD NEWS > RECORD 81% OF JAPANESE FEEL NO FRIENDSHIP TOWARDS CHINA, GOVT. SURVEY SHOWS.
* SAME > [CCTV News] CHINA PUBLISHES MAP OF SANSHU, SOUTH CHINA SEAS ISLANDS.
* SAME > PASSPORT MAP ROW: "TERRITORIES BELONG TO CHINA" [anyway], argues Global Times Newspaper.
* SAME > US DOES NOT ENDORSE "STRAY" CHINESE PASSPORT MAPS.
* CHINESE MILITARY FORUM > CHINA TAUNTS JAPAN WID "AIRCRAFT CARRIER EXERCISE". PLAN surface flotilla escorting "large surface warship" thru Okinawa's Miyako Strait.
* SAME > CHINESE POLICE PLAN TO BOARD VESSELS IN DISPUTED SEAS.
* SAME > "LIAONING" CV TO SAIL PASS HUANG-YAN ISLAND WHILE IN WESTERN PACIFIC OCEAN.
* WORLD MILITARY FORUM > CHINA WARNS US, JAPAN NOT TO INTERVENE IN PLAN AIRCRAFT CARRIER EXERCISE NEAR GUAM.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-11-30 00:56||
#2 OOOOOPPPSSS, forgot CHINESE MILITARY FORUM > [Reuters] ANALYSIS: AS CHINA SHOWCASES CARRIER, GLOBAL NAVAL BALANCE SHIFTING, towards emerging economies.
ARTIC = US in future may either no longer have the capability to project significant or decisive military power in certain strategic areas of the world; or in alternate won't be the only nation capable of doing so, ESPEC VEE GEOPOLITICAL RIVALS.
Lest we fergit, GUAM + CNMI = are poten one of those areas where Rising China in future may declare as "NO GO" ZONE = LINE OF DEMARCATION for USN CVBGS + other, espec in times of US-China confrontation + not unless the US is willing to risk MAJOR NUCLEAR WAR AGZ CHINA.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-11-30 01:07||
#3 Go ahead and shoot, bit don't be shocked when the nation dissapears under you, we have long tempers and short patience with Mouthy assholes, look at Germany, Poland, and the European Campaign, Or to be closer , Look to your south, people Dying to get there, and NOT your "Paradise", which Isn't.
Posted by Redneck Jim 2012-11-30 11:28||
#4 On a not necessarily unrelated note ...
ION WORLD NEWS > CHINA WILL NOT ACCEPT JAPAN'S "CONTROL" OF WATERS NEAR DIAOYU ISLANDS: FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESWOMAN.
* SAME > ABE: LET RETIRED SDF WARSHIPS [ + SDF Reserves] DEFEND SENKAKUS.
ARTIC > ABE = ...
- Japan recognizes that China is trying to wrest away the Senkakus [China = Diaoyus]. OKINAWA???
- Japan needs to modernize the armed capabilities of Japan Coast Guard [JCG] vessels, but won't be able to for two more years  even iff the Japan Diet approved a budget for such today.
* SAME, CHINESE MILITARY FORUM > JAPAN, FACED WID RISING CHINA, SHIFTS ITS STRATEGIC PRIORITIES. Japan desires to create a "Coalition of the Willing" in East Asia that will help it stop China from overwhelming Japan.
* CHINESE MILITARY FORUM > IS CHINA TRYING TO IMPLODE JAPAN'S ECONOMY? [oer the Senkakus] IT APPEARS THAT CHINA HAS A PLAN, AND ITS WORKING.
* PACIFICNEWSCENTER [Guam K-57] US SENATE APPROVES WEBB AMENDMENT TO REAFFIRM US COMMITMENT TO JAPAN ON SENKAKU ISLANDS, as per Article Five of US-Japan security treaty.
* Also from WORLD NEWS > CHINA TAKING THE GLOVES OFF IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA BY BOARDING [any] SHIPS ANYPLACE IT LIKES.
* SAME > CHINA WILL NOT KEEP QUIET IFF OTHER COUNTRIES USE FORCE AGZ IT IN THE SOUTH, i.e. the South China Sea region + China-claimed islands.
CHINA WILL NOT "NOT USE MILITARY FORCE", as pertinent, albeit it prefers diplomacy-led solutions to the above.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-11-30 23:32||
#5 More ...
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > ASEAN CHIEF VOICES ALARM AT CHINA PLAN TO BOARD [foreign] SHIPS IN DISPUTED WATERS.
Could spark regional naval clashes + retaliatory, counter-retaliatry economic responses.
* SAME > CHINA EXPANDING ITS NAVAL CAPABILITIES [strategic reach/force projection] IN WESTERN PACIFIC, vee its "East Sea Fleet".
ARTIC > EXPERTS = China's first CV + Escort group reflects ...
- China's "Global Navy" agendum, i.e. its desire to be able to conduct effective LR FleetOps despite poor climate conditions andor non-traditional/routine sail periods. ANYPLACE, ANY TIME, ANY WEATHER, FOR OR AGZ ANY COUNTRY.
- Growing Political + Media Public Relations + Propaganda = Media-saavy.
- Chinese + PLAN achievements as per Navy-related Techs, e.g. CV Escorts armed wid increasingly advanced AEGIS-style AAW + BMDS.
* SAME > FIRST VIETNAM-JAPAN STRATEGIC DEFENSE DIALOGUES.
Vietnam + Nippon SDF versus China's new extensive Railway into LAOS???
Methinks we found a hint as to why POTUS Bammer didn't visit Laos???
* WORLD NEWS > CHINA SEEKS "MARITIME POWER", NOT HEGEMONY.
SSSSHHHHHHHH ...PCCCCCCCCC-orrect Wink-wink.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-11-30 23:52||