Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
Posted by Fred 2012-04-27 00:00||
Front Page|| [200 views ]
File under: Govt of Syria
#1 Methinks the Ayatollah Seyyed Ahmad Khatami just gave Iran's answer to such in another RB Artic.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > TERRIFIED ISRAEL ASKS OTHER COUNTRIES TO BOMB IRAN | ISRAELI ARMY CHIEF: OTHER COUNTRIES COULD STRIKE IRAN.
* SAME > PAKISTAN POSSESSES VARIOUS ICBMS WHICH HAVE A RANGE OF 9000-PLUS KILOMETERS - TERMINAL X.
Iran's Navy claims it hasn't openly revealed most of its mighty equipment or available MilSys to defend the Nation + Gulf, APPARENTLY NEITHER ALSO HAS PAKISTAN WID ITS LRBMS.
FYI ARTIC denotes ...
> Pakistan is watching how US, etc. conducts itself in various strategic regions or theaters around the world.
> HINTS THAT PAK'S LRBMS CAN WELL-TARGET OTHER COUNTRIES, NOT JUST INDIA = INDJUH.
UNLIKE IRAN + NORTH KOREA, IT SOUNDS LIKE PAKISTAN IS POLITELY TRYING HARD NOT TO SAY THAT IT CAN FIRE ITS 9000-KM PLUS RANGE ICBMS AT THE US + NATO, ESPEC THE US???
Which may explain [in part] Iran's seeming strategeery to defeat or destroy any US-led Ground INvasion/War agz Iran by isolating or restricting US CVNS/CBGS + Gator Navy EBGS, etal. to the Sea of Oman + beyond, i.e. outside of the SoH + Persian Gulf proper???
* BHARAT RAKSHAK > THE QATAR BUBBLE: CAN THIS TINY, RICH EMIRATE REALLY SOLVE THE MIDDLE EAST'S THORNIEST POLITICAL CONFLICTS?
* BR BLOGGER/POSTER = OPINED THAT THE KSA + BAHRAIN ARE FORMING A NEW "ARABIC GULF UNION" WHICH MAY BE FORMALLY ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD NEXT MONTH OR THIS SUMMER. Other GCC States allowed to join - Iran???
* TOPIX > QATAR: IRAN SAVIOR OR NEW ANTAGONIST?
Lets ask Madonna + Nostradamus, shall we?
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-04-27 01:26||
#2 Now there wouldn't be an oil field or something nifty like that in the refugee / revolt area would there?
If nothing else Ergodan is looking out for Turkey's future with secure energy reserves (hence his intense interest in those vast untapped oil reserves in Kurdish Iraq).
Posted by Bill Clinton 2012-04-27 11:38||
#3 If Erdy boy tries to move on Syria he might just find Russia moving on him and I'm guessing he wouldn't want that.
Posted by tipper 2012-04-27 15:05||
#4 Russia wouldn't do anything. They'd look to Turkey to become the new Syria, bigger and badder, and with more money to buy things. In the end they can supply both sides of a war.
Personally I hope they do, less backlash against Isreal when they try to take Iran's Nukes out. Jordan can't do squat against Isreal, and Egypt would be only threat with Syria fending off Turkey. also give Isreal good chance to gain some more ground up at the Golan's.
Posted by Charles 2012-04-27 18:10||