Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 "Starting this spring, our troops will have a different mission - training, advising, assisting Afghan forces," Mr Obama said in remarks at the White House on Friday, as Mr Karzai stood alongside.
I'd rather fight the Taliban. It's probably safer.
Posted by tu3031 2013-01-11 16:42||
#2 WORLD NEWS > [HuffPo] AFGHANISTAN WAR: "ZERO OPTION" [post-2014 US Troops levels]COULD LEAD TO TO CIVIL WAR, TALIBAN TAKEOVER, AFGHAN OFFICIALS SAY.
IMO the Bammer is just being "post-Fiscal Cliff" Media, PCorrect, + isn't serious about complete ot tote troop withdrawal, espec wid the threat of the China-vs-Japan crisis in the East China Sea devol into potential MULTI-REGIONAL WAR.
Pragmatically, the Bammer + USDOD need US Milfors to stay exactly where they are.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > CHINA: ITS UP TO INDIA, PAKISTAN TO RESOLVE ROW OVER LOC SKIRMISH.
But Pakistan is China's BFF.
* SAME > INDIA READIES TROOPS AS PAKISTAN RATTLES ARMS ACROSS BORDER - INDIAN EXPRESS.
* RELATED BIGNEWS NETWORK > INDIA READIES TROOPS AS PAK BORDER TENSIONS ESCALATE.
* RELATED TOPIX > INDIA, PAKISTAN PLACE TROOPS ON HIGH ALERT AFTER DEADLY KILLINGS [tit-for-tat]ON KASHMIR BORDER.
See above as per CHINA.
* SAME > NATO PUZZLED BY AFGHAN ARMY'S DEMAND FOR TANKS, to enhance the ANA's fight the Hard Boyz after 2014.
* FREEREPUBLIC > CHINA WARNS CITIZENS TO "PREPARE FOR THE WORST" AS IT SENDS FIGHTER TO EAST CHINA SEA. Sino-Japan major Military Incident(s) iff not outright Mil Conflict.
RELATED CHINESE MILITARY FORUM > GLOBAL TIMES: CHINA READY FOR WORST-CASE SCENARIO.
RELATED WORLD NEWS > CHINA SENDS FIGHTER JETS TO MEET JAPAN F-15'S IN EAST CHINA SEA.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2013-01-11 22:20||