You have commented 274 times on Rantburg.

Your Name
Your e-mail (optional)
Website (optional)
My Original Nic        Pic-a-Nic        Sorry. Comments have been closed on this article.
Bold Italic Underline Strike Bullet Blockquote Small Big Link Squish Foto Photo
-Short Attention Span Theater-
Woman blows off fingers after mistaking stick of dynamite for candle
2018-09-09
[ABC] A woman in Connecticut blew her fingers off after mistaking a stick of dynamite for a candle, ABC New York station WABC reported.

The woman's home -- on Lindley Street in Bridgeport, Connecticut ‐ had lost power after a thunderstorm Thursday night, and the family came back from a trip to Home Depot empty-handed, since the store was closed, WABC reported, citing the Bridgeport Fire Marshal's Office.

The family then remembered that there was a box of what they believed to be candles in the basement that had been left by the previous resident, fire officials said.

The victim lit a quarter-stick of dynamite and suffered serious injuries to her face and loss multiple fingers in her hands.

The woman, in her 30s and the mother of two children, was transported to a local hospital after the accident.
Posted by:Besoeker

#4  Ummmmm... Let's correct the headline: Woman mistakes a M-80 for a candle.

Derp!
Posted by: mossomo   2018-09-09 20:21  

#3  She probably grew up watching the watered down PC version of the real Looney Tunes cartoons. She didn't stand a chance because she didn't know what a stick of dynamite was. PC claims another victim.
Posted by: gorb   2018-09-09 19:27  

#2  Confucius Pappy have something to say about Bridgeport. Unfortunately, Pappy not here.
Posted by: Zenobia Floger6220   2018-09-09 19:00  

#1  Was this by chance Mrs Wile E. Coyote?
Posted by: ed in texas   2018-09-09 08:41  

00:00